Monday, February 5, 2007

Spic Macay...

Spic Macay.....an organisation dat tries to keep d culture n tradition of d country alive....Every semester there r lot many events conducted by Spic Macay n I always use to miss it....Dis time I attended the 1st session of Spic Macay....n my 1st as well.....I ws spell bound by d performance...The lady who performed "Mrs kavita" was so elegant n serene.....she had an aura of dignity arounf her......She looked so pure.....She demonstrated Odissi, Oriya folk...n explained d reasonin behind every dance n steps......No dance n music can ever substitute fr classical music n dance.....She looked great on stage.....I ws so deeply engrossed dat my fried called me to shift 3 chairs ahead n I cund hear her until she pulled my hand......
The attire ws so divine...n her expressions touched d chord of my heart....I ws all stunned by d performance.....We hav many more sessions to go vch include 3 sessions of bharatnatyam.... one was 2day which i missed as my wingies dint allow me to go..sayin dat I need rest as I m ill.....n they r so caring n lovin dat its juss impossible not to listen to thm...
Such cultural performances really promotes culture n keep it alive......It endures in u a feelin of patriotism.....an eternal feelin of bein an INDIAN.....I m proud to b an INDIAN!!!

No comments: