Well now that my 6 weeks of stay at IIM, Ahmedabad are going to get over and so is my work as a research assistant here...I can pen down my experiences I have had. Reaching here on 17th July when my end sems got over on 14th was quite a tragedy..but somehow I made it.My father left on the same day after getting me settled in the campus.The kind of loneliness that I experienced then was worse than what I had experienced while joining my college. I was in a place of would be millionaires and this was probably a major reason why I was a low. I wondered if I could make to this place as a PGP student (post graduation programme).
I was lucky enough to have a diligent groupy who worked a lot and so I managed to work a little for my project. The rest of the time i.e. almost 12-16 hrs passed while sleeping. I managed to remain awake for the rest because of the 4 meals available in the mess at 4 different times in a day. I never ate anything in my own mess but rarely missed a meal here for two major reasons...first that the food was extremely delicious in comparison to what I had been eating in my own college and secondly the food cost 135 Rs per day which was somehow subsidized to Rs. 86.66 per day. So price became the major driving force for me to go and eat. A fortnight just passed away with the mundane routine.
The only thing that was vibrant enough was my cellphone.It was really a blessing in disguise for it helped me to be in touch with my loved ones. Finally a week of activation was at the doorstep. My college prof (with whom I had cordial relations) arrived with her family and one of her friends to ahmedabad for a trip. i expressed my desire to meet them and was finally successful. When I met them they were pleased to invite me for their 5 days trip. Luckily my prof under whom I was working was busy for that same week and he told me that he couldnt see me until the end of the 1st week of June. Finally after my prof had words with my parents and I was all set for a trip with a prof. That sounds really hilarious to me now. The trip was awesome.Not even for a second did I realize that I was with a prof and I had to have a sense of decency and decorum. It was more like a family trip. I enjoyed to the fullest though I hardly slept for more than 5-6 hrs a day, which was pretty less according to the last week's schedule. We went to Dwarka, Somnath,Diu and palitana. All places were grand in their own ways. The Dwarka ji had an an exotic Krishna ji statue in an architecturally spell binding temple. We met a holy person who appeared like Krichna ji Himslef.His face was very serene, calm and very innocent. He explained the historical implications and reasons for the extablishment of the temple. Somnathji was one of the Maha Shivlingum which is very sacred according to Hindu mythology. The temple stands by the sea shore with a remarkable ambience. Diu was a good an experince until the dusk when we went for a walk on the shore of the Nargoa beach where we happened to find a dead body. I am not mentioning more on it because its not plesing enough for me to write about it.
In nut shell the trip was okay. Coming back to the mundane routine was a real trauma after the trip. I indulged in my indolence again without taking a little time to adjust. Though I managed to work on my project, it was a fruitless one month that I had spent in the most rewarding college of the country.
Sunday, June 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment